Sunday, June 24, 2012

Disney's Brave "Brief" Review

There really isn't anything I can say more about this movie then I said in the video review.  Disney and Pixar have done it again and made just a really great movie.  And like I said in my Top 11 summer lineup, they always these movies always have depth to them, there's always a really good wholesome message tucked in there.  And Disney/Pixar has a way of putting the message in without beating you over the head with it.

There were a few messages in this one.  The two biggest of which were - parents and kids need to learn to understand each other.  Believe it or not, kids, that your parents aren't trying to make your life miserable.  You don't understand what they're trying to do for you because you lack the wisdom and experience that they have.  At the same time, parents, you need to learn to understand your kids point of view.  You were once in their shoes too and you should remember that "because I told you so" and "I know better because I'm the parent" is unfair and lame from a kid's point of view to get them to do what you want.

But enough about that, this movie really is a great movie.  One of the top contender for best movie of the year for me.  I don't care who you are, what your situation, if you have kids or not, you should go see this movie.  It'll make you feel good and be glad you have what little family you have (as long as it's not the type of family that abuses drugs and stuff).  Go see this movie!

No comments:

Post a Comment